EXCLUSIVE for Korean teachers! Your students deserve it! Learn about OPI!
Learn all about OPI in a virtual setting…in Korean!
No matter if you know a little about the ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) and want to learn more, or if you're brand new to the concept and want to dive in to see how OPI can help your learners in their world language journey, ACTFL has you covered, and in your preferred language, Korean!
ACTFL's Virtual OPI Assessment Workshop will include:
- All live instruction and interviews conducted in Korean (be sure to choose the Korean cohort when registering)*
- An introduction the ACTFL rating scale
- The outline of the structure of OPI
- Techniques for administering and rating the OPI, including its applications in the language classroom
- Practice interviews with feedback and discussion from the facilitator and other participants
Best of all, the online format lets you work asynchronously on six modules at your own pace. Then, you will receive feedback from facilitators during two 1.5-hour discussion sessions and through responses on a discussion board.
And don't forget, these workshops can serve as your first step toward OPI Tester Certification—a potential career-booster that lets you conduct advisory, unofficial OPIs at your academic institution for a variety of educational purposes!
Looking for PD hours? You're in luck! Participants will receive a certificate verifying 30 hours of professional development. There's no better way to get your PD!
*recorded modules are in English
The workshop runs from Friday, January 13, 2023 to Friday, February 17, 2023.
The registration deadline is Friday, January 6, 2023, and Korean cohorts are filling fast! Don't wait! Register today!
American Association of Teachers of Korean, AATK
“ Special thanks to Calligrapher Byungchul Park for Hangeul logo calligraphy ”