Seeking Foreign Language Specialists [American Councils for International Education]
SUBJECT LINE: Seeking Foreign Language Specialists (Multiple languages)
American Councils for International Education (American Councils) is seeking Foreign Language Specialists in 10 critical languages (Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Swahili, Turkish, and Urdu) to assist in the development of online proficiency-based reading and listening comprehension tests in the ten target languages, across a variety of levels. We are currently looking for Passage Selectors and target language Reviewers for the project.
Foreign language specialist qualifications include:
- Advanced High / ILR level 2+ or a native speaker of one of the following target languages: Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Swahili, Turkish, and Urdu;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Familiarity with either ACTFL or ILR proficiency scales;
- Experience in language proficiency testing or teaching;
- Knowledge of proficiency considerations in teaching or research (desirable but not obligatory);
- Demonstrates strong attention to details and thorough reviews;
- Ability to complete assignments on time.
Please note that in order to participate in this project, language specialists will need to have authorization to work in the U.S. The work is part-time, contractual, and can be completed from your home computer.
Interested candidates should send an email message with a current resume or CV to Camelot Marshall, Ph.D. (email@example.com). All submissions will receive further information about the project, possible assignments, compensation and schedules.
Thank you in advance for your attention.
American Association of Teachers of Korean, AATK
“ Special thanks to Calligrapher Byungchul Park for Hangeul logo calligraphy ”