The 19th AATK Annual Meeting Online Registration
We are pleased to announce that the online registration site for the upcoming 19th AATK AnnualMeeting at Boston University is now available.
Please note that the registration fee is now raised to $75 (from $50) and the room rate to $25 (from $15). The registration fee was $50 last ten years, and it was deemed necessary to make adjustment to reflect rising costs of lodging and other expenses of the annual meeting. The decision was made at the Executive Board in November 2013. This would be a very small step towards the financial independence of theAATK in the long run. We would greatly appreciate your understanding and continued support.
Presenter Registration Closing Date: Tuesday, April 15 2014
Early Registration Closing Date: Thursday, May 15 2014
1. Online Conference Registration:
1) If you are not an AATK member, you should sign up for the membership first before registration.
2) Only credit card payment through PayPal is accepted.
3) Presenters MUST register by Tuesday, April 15 to not lose the privilege of presentation.
4) Other participants should register by Thursday, May 15 to secure a room in the conference housing.
5) Registration fees:
|Membership Type||Early Registration (by May 15th) ||On-Site Registration||Membership Cost|
|K-12 Teachers & Students||$50.00||$100.00||$30.00|
6) The conference registration fee includes:
· Conference program
· Breakfasts, lunches, tea/coffee breaks
· Banquet Dinner & KLA Journal (for registered AATK members only)
7) Conference housing and banquet dinner are guaranteed only for attendees who pre-register online byThursday, May 15.
8) Cancellation/Refund Policy
Reimbursement will only be made if the cancellation is done by Thursday, May 22. Please contact theAATK Treasurer, Angela Lee-Smith (email@example.com), for refund and the refund policy.
Prior to Thursday, May 15
From Thursday, May 15 to Thursday, May 22
After Thursday, May 22
The room rate below is defrayed by subsidy made possible by the generous KF sponsorship
1) For AATK members only
2) A standard single dormitory room is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. You could request your preferred suitemate(s). However, suitemate requests may not be honored due to space availability.
A suite unit consists of four single rooms and two bathrooms. If a member brings his or her family, EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY (5 YEARS OLD OR OLDER) MUST BE REGISTERED for lodging. The University has a strict rule so that sleeping on the couch is not allowed and anyone not registered will have not access to the residence halls. Members with one family member may reserve two single rooms at $100 per night (one with a member rate and the other room with a non-member rate). Members with two or three family members must request an entire suite unit at discounted family rate $175. For suite reservation, please contact the AATK treasurer, Angela Lee-Smith firstname.lastname@example.org.
$25 per room per night
Member with one family member
$100 per two rooms per night
Member with 2-3 family members
$175 per suite per night
* Banquet: To attend the AATK Banquet, please RSVP in the special request box at the registration page.
Free (with RSVP)
Family members or guests
$30 per person
* Parking: There will be limited parking spaces available for the rate of $8 per day. Please make a request in the special request box at the registration page. The payment will be made separately to the AATKtreasurer. If you would purchase the pass from the lot attendant and it would be $12/16 per day/overnight to park. You would pay the attendant upon entry.
3. Online Registration Process
Same as your AATK website log-in name and password. Please follow the steps:
(1) Go to the website: http://www.aatk.org/registration/sign_in.php
(2) Log in.
(3) For membership due payment, click “Membership History” on the upper-right corner. Once in the page, click “Membership/Renewal Application” on the lower-right corner. Choose Type of membership in the lower box to pay, and click “submit”.
(4) For conference registration, click “Conference History” on the upper-right corner. Once in the page, click “Conference Registration” on the lower-right corner. Provide requested travel information for lodging.
For any questions regarding the online registration
Bumyong Choi (email@example.com)
For any questions regarding the conference program
19th AATK Program Chair
Bumyong Choi (firstname.lastname@example.org
For local information
19th AATK Conference Local Chair
Jaemin Roh (email@example.com)
For payments and refund
AATK Treasurer, Angela Lee-Smith
American Association of Teachers of Korean, AATK
“ Special thanks to Calligrapher Byungchul Park for Hangeul logo calligraphy ”