[University of Virginia] Lecturer of Korean Language, General Faculty – Part-time
The University of Virginia’s Department of East Asian Languages, Literatures and Cultures invites applications for a part-time lecturer position in Korean language, expected to begin August 25, 2022. We are particularly interested in candidates who can teach courses in all levels of Korean language. The core responsibilities of this position include teaching four courses per year, two each during the spring and fall terms, contributing to the development of the program on Grounds and abroad, and active involvement in program matters.
This is a one-year, tenure-ineligible appointment with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon available funding, satisfactory performance, and need for the position.
- A completed Master’s degree in Korean linguistics, Korean pedagogy, applied linguistics, second/foreign language acquisition or a related field at the time of the appointment is required
- Native or near-native fluency in Korean and English
- At least one year of teaching experience at the university level preferred
- Knowledge of current trends in language teaching methodologies and familiarity with effective uses of technologies in language instruction are highly desirable
- Preference will be given to applicants with significant teaching experience in all levels of Korean language at the university level in the United States
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Apply online at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/Lecturer-of-Korean-language--General-Faculty---Part-time_R0033083 by searching for requisition #R0033083, complete the application, and attach the following:
- Cover letter of interest that includes a summary of how you meet the stated qualifications, and demonstrated past experience working on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion and/or working with diverse populations.
- Curriculum vitae including complete contact information for three professional references
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- 2 sample syllabi (1 lower level course and 1 upper level course)
- Complete sets of teaching evaluations for 2 courses
**Please note that all required documents MUST be uploaded in the resume box.***
**Applications that do not have all the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
Questions about this position should be directed to Yoon Hwa Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the application process should be directed to Melanie Sponaugle, Academic Recruiter, at email@example.com
The University will perform background checks on all new faculty hires prior to making a final offer of employment.
UVA assists faculty spouses and partners seeking employment in the Charlottesville area. To learn more please visit https://dualcareer.virginia.edu.
For more information about UVA and the Charlottesville community please see http://www.virginia.edu/life/charlottesville and https://embarkcva.com/.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.