[University of Oregon] Pro Term Instructor of Korean - Open Pool
The Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures offers programs and courses related to the languages, literatures, and cultures of China, Japan, and Korea. The department has majors and minors in Japanese and Chinese and a minor in Korean. We also offer graduate programs across all three regions.
The Pro Tem Instructor of Korean will teach Korean language courses at a variety of levels and will take on other responsibilities associated with these courses such as developing teaching materials, supervising Graduate Employees, and meeting and communicating with students. The Pro Tem Instructor of Korean may also be asked to serve on department committees.
Please see http://hr.uoregon.edu/jobs for the complete position announcement and application instructions.
• M.A. degree in Korean language pedagogy, linguistics or a related field.
• Experience teaching Korean at the university level.
• Knowledge of foreign language teaching methodologies.
• Knowledge of teaching materials development.
• Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to teach effectively both independently and in a team environment at a variety of levels (beginning to advanced).
• Sufficient language skills in the target language and English to teach at any level within the curriculum.
• Experience in implementing classroom technology.
• Experience in using content-based teaching methodologies.