[University of California, Irvine] Part-time Korean Language Lecturer in 2021-2022 at UCI
The Department of East Asian Studies invites applications for a part-time Lecturer in Korean language to begin fall 2021. The initial term of the appointment will be for one academic year, with renewal contingent upon performance.
Fall quarter service period: 9/20/2021-12/10/2021
Winter quarter service period: 1/3/2022-3/18/2022
Spring quarter service period: 3/23/2022-6/10/2022
• M.A or Ph.D. in Korean Language, Linguistics, Language Acquisition, Language Education, or related fields by the time of appointment
• Native or near-native proficiency in Korean and Advanced proficiency in English
• Minimum of 2 years of Korean language teaching experience at the university level (preferably at a North American Institution)
• Experience in teaching Korean language using computer technologies and the Internet resources.
The annual full-time salary is $56,945; the salary will be $7,118.12 per course.
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover letter
• Teaching statement
• Web link to a 30-50-minute video of the candidate’s Korean language teaching
• Three letters of recommendation
• Teaching evaluations (2-3 if available)
APPLICATIONS should be submitted electronically at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06825.
For more information, please contact Kristine Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Review of applications will begin and continue until the position(s) are filled.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates may be hired as early as 7/1/2021.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.