[University at Buffalo] Lecturer in Korean Language
Position Title: Lecturer 10, Korean Language
Department: Linguistics, University at Buffalo
Posting Number: F220009
Posting Link: https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/32891
Faculty Appointment Term: Term
Position Type: UUP Faculty
Campus: North Campus
The Department of Linguistics at the University of Buffalo invites applications for a 10-month, full-time, non-tenure track lecturer position in the Korean language beginning Fall 2022. The initial appointment is a one-year probationary contract with possibility of future renewal, contingent upon performance, department need, and availability of program funding.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities include teaching three Korean language courses per semester, possibly at different levels, as well as providing assistance to the Director in the development of the Korean Program such as training and supervising graduate and undergraduate student teaching assistants, conducting placement tests, and (online) material development. The successful candidate must be able to regularly teach in-person classes on the University at Buffalo campus beginning Fall 2022.
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field including Korean language and linguistics, language pedagogy, applied linguistics, or related.
- Native or near-native fluency in Korean and excellent command of English.
- Teaching experience.
- Explicit understanding of the linguistic properties of Korean.
- Knowledge of the cultural background necessary to teach the language.
- Familiarity with language-teaching methodologies, including technology-related pedagogy and flexibility in using different teaching methodologies.
- PhD or EdD in disciplines such as Korean language pedagogy, Korean linguistics, applied linguistics, second language acquisition, foreign language education, or related fields.
Special Instructions Summary:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be conducted until the position is filled.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, teaching portfolio (including course descriptions, syllabi, teaching evaluations), and video clips or links to classroom teaching examples. The teaching portfolio materials and video clips of classroom teaching are required for a complete application.
All application materials should be submitted via UB Jobs: https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/32891. Application materials submitted directly to the posting contact will not be acknowledged and cannot be considered.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Hyein Amber Kim
Clinical Assistant Professor
Deadline for Applicants: Open until filled
Date to be filled: 08/22/2022
Number of References: 3
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Video
- Teaching Portfolio
- Additional supporting documentation