[The Korea Society] Education Coordinator
Education Coordinator 2021
THE KOREA SOCIETY is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) organization with individual and corporate members that is dedicated solely to the promotion of greater awareness, understanding, and cooperation between the people of the United States and Korea. The Society seeks a creative, self-motivated, organized, and energized person to fill the coordinator position in the Education department.
The Education Coordinator position at The Korea Society holds primary responsibility for managing the Society's Korean Language Program (KLP). The KLP offers nine levels of non-intensive Korean language study for adults. Classes meet once per week for 12 weeks. There are three terms. Classes are currently being offered online.
The successful individual will oversee KLP outreach and program promotion, student placement and registration, class scheduling, troubleshooting, student evaluations, and reporting on enrollment trends. Additionally, the successful individual will assist the Senior Advisor for Education in planning and coordinating other Education Department programs such as our speaker series, grant programs, and high school youth ambassador program.
Responsibilities: Korean Language Program
Serves as the primary contact and coordinator of the Society’s Korean Language Program (KLP). Duties for this Program include:
• Promotion: create promotional messages and post via web, and social media as well as email campaigns
• Registration: maintain a robust registration system, monitor registrations and payments; authorize refunds as needed; and, create class rosters
• Student Placement: administer placement tests and interviews; determine course placement and confirm placements
• Program Management: Establish course offerings and formats (in-person or virtual), term dates, course dates and hours, fees, class size; authorize student and instructor access to building for in-person and to online platforms for virtual offerings
• Instructors: hire, evaluate and retain instructional staff; set salaries and payment schedule
• Curriculum: in consultation with teachers, set teaching objectives and select textbooks; establish new offerings
• Evaluations: Conduct end-of-term student evaluations
• Report: track and report on outreach efforts, registration goals, enrollment and demographics, student satisfaction, and yearly enrollment and demographic trends
• Assist the Senior Advisor of Education in planning and coordinating Education Programs
• Project Bridge Youth Ambassador: assist with the application and selection process for this academic-year long high school program, initial set-up for a ten-day study tour to Korea, and alumni outreach; on an as-needed basis assist with preparation and delivery of bi-monthly workshops
• Speaker Series: assist with researching, securing, and scheduling speakers and partners
• Events: assist with promotion of all events; for live webcast and video release program monitor chats and questions
• Grants: assist with proposal preparation and annual reporting
• Interns: assist in recruiting and managing interns as assigned
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Language teaching or language center administration preferred
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal as well as strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated multitasking ability, commitment to follow-through on assignments, and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as collaborate as part of a team
• Previous experience in outreach and/or working with CRM platforms preferred
• Bilingual competence in Korean preferred.
• Bachelor’s or higher degree
• Position requires occasional nights and weekends
• Eligible to work in the U.S.
• Vacation, Sick Days and Personal Days
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Salary • $45-55K/year DOE
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
with “Education Coordinator: Your Name” in the subject line. Applications emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
will only be accepted. No phone calls.