The Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, MA invites applications for one Senior
Lecturer in Korean. This is a five-year, full-time appointment with the possibility of indefinite
renewals based on favorable performance reviews. Anticipated start date January 2021.
The Senior Lecturer in Korean will oversee the design and implementation of the Korean
language curriculum with consideration of MIT student demand and interests; teach five Korean
language classes annually, including from beginner to advanced levels; advise students; mentor
lecturers; conduct programmatic administration and service; and carry out and disseminate
Minimum qualifications are:
• Ph.D. in Korean language, second language pedagogy, linguistics, or a related field;
• Native or near-native proficiency in Korean and English;
• At least five years of postgraduate (Ph.D.) experience teaching Korean language at an
institution of higher education, including at least three years in a North American
• At least two years of postgraduate (Ph.D.) experience designing curricula and developing
• At least two years of programmatic administration experience; and
• Demonstrated engagement in the field of Korean language pedagogy.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, CV clearly showing requisite qualifications, a
statement of teaching philosophy (maximum of 1,000 words), example of pedagogical materials
development (no more than 25 pages), two examples of syllabi of courses taught, and arrange
for three letters of recommendation. All materials must be received no later than March 16,
2020. All materials should be submitted digitally to Academic Jobs Online at the following
Any questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran
status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.