[Kennesaw State University] Lecturer of Korean
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, non-tenure track Lecturer of Korean faculty position in the Department of Foreign Languages, beginning August 1, 2022. The position is annually renewable, subject to demonstration of excellence in teaching and service.
• Teaching mostly lower-level Korean courses, and occasionally upper-level courses as needed (current teaching load is 5/4)
• Developing teaching materials/exams and student engagement programs
• Administrative support relating to teaching duties and course responsibilities
• Service to department/college/university committees or professional community
• Engagement in Korean program and professional development activities
• Assistance with student recruitment
• Working with a diverse community
- An earned Master’s degree in Korean or related field, or the foreign equivalent
- Native or near-native fluency in both Korean and English
- Demonstrated successful college experience teaching Korean language
- A doctoral degree in Korean, or related fields, or the foreign equivalent
- Experience in implementing classroom technology
- Demonstration of commitment to materials and course development, innovative teaching methods, integration of culture into the curriculum, and mentoring students
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
- International experience
- Experience in teaching on-line or hybrid courses
Required Documents to Attach:
- Cover letter addressing the candidate’s qualifications for the position, including a statement of teaching philosophy and a commitment to serving a diverse student population
- CV with names and contact information of three individuals
- Sample syllabi (up to three)
- Summary of teaching evaluations
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire)
Apply Before Date:
Applications must be submitted electronically to KSU HR website. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by Nov. 14 . Position will remain open until filled.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Kathryn Negrelli, email@example.com.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.