[Johns Hopkins University] Lecturer in Korean - Temporary replacement
The Center for Language Education (CLE) at Johns Hopkins University is seeking one or two Lecturers in KOREAN for the Spring 2021 Semester. This is temporary replacement of a lecturer on leave. Due to the current pandemic situation, classes will be conducted remotely, and the candidates do not need to be on site.
The courses to be taught are:
1st Year Korean: 5 days a week (M-F); 1 hour a day sometime between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm
2nd Year Korean: 4 days a week (MTThF); 1 hour a day sometime between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm
3rd Year Korean: 3 days a week (MWF); 1 hour a day sometime between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm
Minimum qualifications are:
1. M.A. in Korean Studies (with specialization in linguistics and pedagogy or applied linguistics)
2. Native or near-native fluency in Korean and English
3. At least 2 years of experience in teaching Korean as a foreign language at the university level in the U.S.
4. Strong computer literacy (Zoom, Power Point, Excel)
5. Must currently be eligible to be employed in the U.S
Please submit CV and cover letter to Victoria Blancke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any inquiry to Yuki Johnson, Director of CLE, at email@example.com.
Johns Hopkins University is committed to active recruitment of a diverse faculty and student body. The University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members. Consistent with the University’s goals of achieving excellence in all areas, we will assess the comprehensive qualifications of each applicant.