> AATK Awards
AATK Graduate Student Travel Awards
AATK Regional Event Support Grant
We are pleased to announce the AATK Regional Event Support Grant to fund student-involved events at AATK-affiliated regional organizations. The purpose of the grant is to support regional collaborations between AATK members and further encourage student engagement in Korean language education.
1. Type of Events:
– Student-involved events (e.g., speech contests)
2. Participants & Participating institutions
– At least three institutions in the region need to be involved.
– The application must be submitted by an AATK member.
3. Funding Conditions
– Maximum amount for each event will be $1,500
– AATK cannot be the sole funding source for the event.
– Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
4. Report: Within one month of completing the regional event, the organizers must submit a report to the Executive Secretary with (i) an overview of the event, (ii) list of participants, and (iii) how the funds from AATK were used. This report will be published in the AATK Newsletter.
– Fall events — September 1
– Spring events — March 1
2. Submit AATK Regional Event Support Grant Application (download) to the Executive Secretary, Dr. Mijeong Kim, at both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
3. Review Process
Following the review process, an announcement will be made three weeks after the application deadline.
AATK Professional Development Awards
2019 AATK Professional Development Award
The AATK Development Awards offer assistance to part-time and adjunct instructors/ lecturers at post-secondary institutions of higher education in US and Canada, especially those attending for the first time or presenting at the meeting. The award includes travel expenses to the AATK meeting and the conference registration fee by means of reimbursement. ONE award up to $500 will be given.
– Non-full-time status does not necessarily include instructors/lecturers with annual contracts.
– Graduate student teaching assistants are not eligible for this award and should apply for the AATK Graduate Student Travel Awards.
(2) Priority will be given to first-time attendees and/or those presenting at the conference.
(3) Previous award recipients are not eligible to submit.
(4) If recipients are unable to attend the conference, they will not receive the award.
(1) an application form
Professional Development Awards Application Form.docx
Professional Development Awards Application Form.pdf
(2) a Curriculum Vitae
(3) a verification letter of affiliation and part-time status by coordinator/director of the program or department chair
The application materials should be sent via e-mail attachment to Dr. Mee-Jeong Park, the Executive Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22, 2019.
Applications will be evaluated by a special review board selected by the American Association of Teachers of Korean who have no professional or personal connections to applicants.
The result will be notified no later than May 5, 2019.
2. Usefulness of the meeting for the applicant’s professional development:
(1) Will the applicant be able to obtain useful knowledge and experience that he or she can utilize in his or her pedagogical advances and professional career by participating in the meeting?
(2) Will the applicant be able to share the knowledge and experience obtained at the meeting with his or her colleagues?
(3) Will the meeting help the applicant to grow professionally in the long term?
3. Commitment to the field:
(1) Will the applicant continue to work in the field of teaching Korean and further contribute to the field?
(2) Does the applicant demonstrate his or her goal and motivation to further his or her career in the field of teaching Korean?
American Association of Teachers of Korean, AATK
“ Special thanks to Calligrapher Byungchul Park for Hangeul logo calligraphy ”